Shockwave Medical has evolved from humble beginnings with a vision to leverage existing technologies to create a fundamental change in the treatment of advanced cardiovascular disease. As the company has matured, the team at Shockwave Medical continues to pursue that vision and achieve important milestones along the way to that goal.
– Shockwave Medical’s Intravascular Lithotripsy Technology available for sale in the US.
– 74th patent filed (30 US). 25th patent issued (17 US).
– Shockwave Medical completes enrollment in DISRUPT CAD I.
– Shockwave Medical announces $40 million in additional funding to continue development of Lithoplasty® Technology for peripheral, coronary, and aortic valve applications.
– Shockwave Medical begins, and completes, enrollment in DISRUPT PAD II.
– Feasibility study of RX Lithoplasty Technology for use in coronary artery disease completed.
– Shockwave Medical begins enrollment in DISRUPT CAD I.
– Feasibility study of Lithoplasty Technology for use in aortic valve stenosis completed.
– 73rd patent filed (29 US). 23rd patent issued (16 US).
– Shockwave Medical raises $12.5 million to support a clinical study evaluating Lithoplasty® Technology in the treatment of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD), and begin development of coronary and valve applications.
– Shockwave Medical completes enrollment of DISRUPT PAD I.
– Lithoplasty Technology receives CE Mark, or European regulatory approval, for the treatment of Peripheral Artery Disease.
– Feasibility study of OTW Lithoplasty Technology for use in coronary artery disease completed.
– 70th patent filed (26 US). 11th patent issued (5 US).
– Shockwave Medical begins enrollment in DISRUPT PAD I.
– 60th patent filed (19 US). 1st patent issued (1 US).
– Shockwave Medical raises $4 million in its Series A round after spending the previous three years developing and demonstrating the ability of Lithoplasty® Technology to disrupt calcium and improve tissue flexibility.
– Feasibility study of Lithoplasty Technology for use in peripheral artery disease completed.
– 25th patent filed (11 US).
– 20th patent filed (6 US).
– 17th patent filed (3 US).
– Shockwave Medical is officially founded, with Hawkins as CEO, Adams as CTO, and Todd Brinton, an interventional cardiologist at Stanford, as an adviser.
– 15th patent filed (3 US).
– Medical device entrepreneurs Daniel Hawkins and John Adams first develop the concept of applying lithotripsy to selectively disrupt vascular calcium deposits.
– Foundational US patents filed.
Follow the latest Shockwave Medical news and events including press releases, journal articles, and upcoming conferences.
By clicking on the submit button you agree to receive marketing communications from Shockwave Medical. I understand that I have the right to opt-out from marketing communications at any time.